Headlines: 28 May 2022
– Key measure shows that inflation slowed slightly in Aprilbut remains high at 6.3% year-on-year
– Bitcoin drops back below $ 29,000, roughly 47% down over the past six months
– US Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm accuses Russia of “weaponizing energy” with high gas prices
– Online searches for baby formula soar as shortages continue
– Pennsylvania proposes $ 2,000 stimulus check for residents.
– Concern over high energy prices and insufficient power grid ahead of the summer months
– Target spirit Walmart profits drop and stocks plunge after posting financial reports
– Crude oil prices closed above $ 110 on Thursday, representing a 66% year-on-year increase
Helpful info & links
– What is the California State Disability Insurance (SDI) program?
– Which states spend the most money on Medicaid?
– New York Unemployment Benefits: what is the maximum?