Monkeypox outbreak: headlines
– More than 250 confirmed and suspected cases of monkeypox from 16 countries reports WHO
– WHO’s Maria van Kerkhove describes monkeypox outbreak as “containable situation”
– Monkeypox outbreak will not lead to lockdowns, says expert
– Roche develops three test kits able to detect monkeypox
– One confirmed case and four suspected cases in US: CDC
– California health officials announce suspected case in Sacramento County
– US government orders $ 119 million of smallpox vaccine Jynneos – does it protect against monkeypox?
– Modern starts clinical trials on monkeypox vaccine
– UK’s Health Security Agency confirms 14 more cases in England
– WHO does not see need for mass vaccinationisolation and contact tracing should suffice
– Denmark considering vaccinating monkeypox close contacts
Helpful information & links:
– Monkeypox symptoms: fever, malaise, headache, and sometimes sore throat and cough, and lymphadenopathy.
– Everything you need to know about Monkeypox.
– Mokeypox: How does it spread? Does it require sexual contact?