FBI joins investigation of shootings of Concord, NH, couple

The FBI has confirmed that it is assisting in the investigation of the shooting deaths of a Concord couple.Stephen and Wendy Reid, a couple in their 60s, were found shot to death in a marshy area along the Broken Ground Trails in Concord on April 21. So far, authorities have not released any information about potential suspects.The New Hampshire attorney general’s office and the Concord police chief said the case is their No. 1 priority, and significant resources have been dedicated to helping investigate.The attorney general’s office said Tuesday they have no new information about the case to provide, other than to confirm that the FBI is assisting in the investigation.Police were back at the scene at the Broken Ground Trails throughout the day, continuing to investigate the double homicide that has the Concord community shaken.Rep. Kris Schultz, D-Concord, said a lack of answers is bringing anxiety to Concord residents. “What that says to many of us is you do not know exactly what happened and if the general public should be afraid,” Schultz said. Investigators said they are sharing whatever information they can as members of the community say they’re wondering if it’s safe to continue walking the trails. “We’ve been able to provide the information that we have, which is that we have no specific information that there’s no danger to the public in general at this point in time, but be vigilant, and those families are going to have to make those decisions for themselves as to what’s best for their family and what they’m most comfortable with, “said senior assistant attorney general Geoffrey Ward. Police have stepped up their presence in the area. “We take public safety very seriously in Concord,” police chief Bradley Osgood said. “We are dedicating resources to being more visible in the community to making people feel safer.” Officials said that in addition to the visible police presence, there are also unseen law enforcement efforts underway.Anyone with information on the shootings is asked to call Concord Crimeline at 603-226-3100.

The FBI has confirmed that it is assisting in the investigation of the shooting deaths of a Concord couple.

Stephen and Wendy Reid, a couple in their 60s, were found shot to death in a marshy area along the Broken Ground Trails in Concord on April 21. So far, authorities have not released any information about potential suspects.

The New Hampshire attorney general’s office and the Concord police chief said the case is their No. 1 priority, and significant resources have been dedicated to helping investigate.

The attorney general’s office said Tuesday they have no new information about the case to provide, other than to confirm that the FBI is assisting in the investigation.

Police were back at the scene at the Broken Ground Trails throughout the day, continuing to investigate the double homicide that has the Concord community shaken.

Rep. Kris Schultz, D-Concord, said a lack of answers is bringing anxiety to Concord residents.

“What that says to many of us is you do not know exactly what happened and if the general public should be afraid,” Schultz said.

Investigators said they are sharing whatever information they can as members of the community say they’re wondering if it’s safe to continue walking the trails.

“We’ve been able to provide the information that we have, which is that we have no specific information that there’s any danger to the public in general at this point in time, but be vigilant, and those families are going to have to make those decisions for themselves as to what’s best for their family and what they’m most comfortable with, “said senior assistant attorney general Geoffrey Ward.

Police have stepped up their presence in the area.

“We take public safety very seriously in Concord,” police chief Bradley Osgood said. “We are dedicating resources to being more visible in the community to making people feel safer.”

Officials said that in addition to the visible police presence, there are also unseen law enforcement efforts underway.

Anyone with information on the shootings is asked to call Concord Crimeline at 603-226-3100.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *