An upgrade for the next generation
Just when we thought Rockstar was ready to move on, they dropped an announcement that they’re releasing a paid subscription service for GTA Onlinecalled GTA +. GTA Online is still included as part of the base game of Grand Theft Auto V– the subscription will be an add-on service that’s only available for players on PS5 or Xbox Series X / S. We’re coming up on the base game’s tenth anniversary next year, so it’s honestly pretty amazing that it’s still getting updates, even if they’re a bit of a cash grab.
Those who opt into the service will receive a host of benefits every month, including $ 500,000 delivered to their in-game bank account, gameplay updates, special vehicle updates, cosmetics, discounts, GTA $ and RP bonuses, and more. In addition to the in-game perks, players will also be able to access bonus cash from the PlayStation and Microsoft Stores using the GTA + Shark Cards. All of the GTA + perks will be available alongside all of the regular ones GTA Online events, which will continue as usual for everyone.
The announcement of the service has received a less than warm welcome online – a meme has been going for a few years at this point that Rockstar will not ever stop milking the success of GTA V, and it’s getting harder and harder to dispute as time goes on. Earlier this week, reports of leaks suggested that the sixth entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is in development, and until it’s released, it seems that the fans will not be satiated by anything GTA-related in the meantime. GTA VI is not likely to drop for another couple of years, according to the rumors, so we still have quite a bit of waiting ahead of us.
GTA + will cost $ 5.99 a month, and will be available beginning on March 29 exclusively for PS5 and Xbox Series X / S users.
GTA + rewards for March 29 – April 27
- GTA $ 500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight – along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public – plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, which introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA + will be reimbursed GTA $ 50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA $ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.