There’s good news and bad news for Wordle fans on March 25. The good news is that it’s Friday and there’s a brand new Wordle puzzle for fans to solve. The bad news, however, is that Wordle 279 is one of the more challenging puzzles we’ve faced in recent weeks. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of three spoiler-free hints and clues at the bottom of the page. Good luck, and remember to come back tomorrow for the next batch of clues.
If you’re new to Wordle and are not quite sure how it all works, here’s a little refresher.
The aim of Wordle is to figure out a five letter word in just six attempts. Get it wrong and you’ll have to wait until a new puzzle comes along on the following day.
If you do want to solve it in as few attempts as possible, you’ll need to pay attention to the color of the tiles.
If the tile turns gray, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, and how quickly you were able to solve today’s puzzle – something which can be shared on social media for bragging rights.
Read on for the Wordle 279 hints for March 25 …
General Wordle tips and tricks …
• Do not use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below …
Wordle 279 hints and clues …
Wordle 279 contains two vowels.
Wordle 279 starts with the letter D.
3. The final letter in Wordle 279 is silent.