The House of the Dead: Remake was announced in Spring last year and was due in 2021, but it clearly slipped and there’d been minimal updates in recent times. Thankfully publisher Forever Entertainment has finally confirmed release details, announcing that it’ll launch on 7th April, with pre-orders from 31st March. Those will definitely be the eShop dates, we also know that Microids is producing physical editions; we’ll see whether they roll out at the same time.
Aside from that we have a new trailer that focuses mostly on actual gameplay, giving us a feel for how this remake has shaped up. Last May there were reports that we can expect both physical and motion control options, along with 720p / 60fps docked and 720p / 30fps in handheld, for example. As for the official details at present, they’re below:
– Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls
– True to the original gameplay
– Local 2-player multiplayer
– Multiple endings
– Armory with unlockable weapons
– Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode
– Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses
Are you planning to pick this up in April, or will you wait to hear how the remake turns out? Let us know, as always, in the comments.